[ovs-discuss] LACP Bonding with OpenvSwitch

Kevin Han khansuremcgill at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:24:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

When I run ovs-appctl lacp/show I get the following output:
---- bond0 ----
    status: active
    sys_id: 08:00:27:9d:33:48
    sys_priority: 65534
    aggregation key: 1
    lacp_time: slow

slave: eth0: current detached
    port_id: 2
    port_priority: 65535

    actor sys_id: 08:00:27:9d:33:48
    actor sys_priority: 65534
    actor port_id: 2
    actor port_priority: 65535
    actor key: 1
    actor state: activity aggregation collecting distributing

    partner sys_id: 08:00:27:9d:33:48
    partner sys_priority: 65534
    partner port_id: 1
    partner port_priority: 65535
    partner key: 1
    partner state: activity aggregation collecting distributing

slave: eth1: current detached
    port_id: 1
    port_priority: 65535

    actor sys_id: 08:00:27:9d:33:48
    actor sys_priority: 65534
    actor port_id: 1
    actor port_priority: 65535
    actor key: 1
    actor state: activity aggregation collecting distributing

    partner sys_id: 08:00:27:9d:33:48
    partner sys_priority: 65534
    partner port_id: 2
    partner port_priority: 65535
    partner key: 1
    partner state: activity aggregation collecting distributing

I am trying to bond 2 wireless NICs together for increased redundancy. To
do this, I am bridging both wireless cards into a virtual machine and
running open v switch from there. Could it be that this isn't possible? Are
there any settings that I might have to change on my wireless NICs (like
enabling LACP)?

Thank You and sorry for the long post,

Kevin Han