[ovs-discuss] Connectivity between openvswitch and floodlight controller on two different VMs

Vikram Khatri vicky28khatri at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 16:28:06 UTC 2012

I guess the problem may be I am not defining controller out-of-band, since controller is on other VM.

I tried using command: ovs-vsctl set-controller br1 connection-mode=out-of-band , but it didn't work.

Later on, I found controller ID and used ovs-vsctl set-controller _uuid connection_mode=out-of-band, and the connection became out of band but no improvement yet.

I can see from the ovs-vsctl list controller command: status: {last_error="No route to host", sec_since_disconnect="2",state=BACKOFF}

The route is defined ....... they can ping each other may be something else.

-- Vicky