[ovs-discuss] openvswitch bridge Configuration

韩金朋 hanjp at neusoft.com
Fri Nov 30 11:37:30 UTC 2012

Hi all:
I use the RPM packages installed on Red Hat 6.2 with OpenvSwitch 1.7.1,then I created a bridge and bind eth0 made ​​a bridge and eth0 configuration, also in the / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / directory , I create ifcfg-br0 file(I name the bridge for br0 ).

ifcfg-br0 file contents are as follows :
DEVICE=br0
TYPE=Bridge
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
IPADDR=192.168.1.50
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
I modified the eth0 file (/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 )as follows :
DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
BRIDGE=br0

When I restart the network, br0 will restart, then empty OVS database, all virtual machine network .
If I do not follow the above configuration, when I restart the host, br0 will not up.How to restart the host ovs database before rebooting.
for example, I set to the virtual machine Vlan, when the restart of the host, the virtual start, but no Vlan tag.

Please answer ,Thanks

jinpeng han
is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.