[ovs-discuss] Issue with multiple port in single Br

r po r2.d2 at live.fr
Mon Oct 1 13:15:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I do again my test for include two physical interface on different vlan on the same bridge.

I do it without any bonding, it's work fine : i haven't any connection lost.

when i do it with a bonding, i have a connection lost about 2 minutes, i see request ARP send of each physical port on my bonding.

here is my config :

Case 1 whitout bonding :

OVS config :
    Bridge PROD
        Port "virt1_eth0"
            tag: 10
            Interface "virt1_eth0"
        Port "prod1"
            tag: 10
            Interface "prod1"
                type: internal
        Port PROD
            Interface PROD
                type: internal
        Port "prod2"
            tag: 20
            Interface "prod2"
                type: internal
        Port "virt2_eth0"
            tag: 20
            Interface "virt2_eth0"
        Port "eth0"
            trunks: [10]
            Interface "eth0"
    ovs_version: "1.4.0+build0"
Physical switch config :
eth0 -- port 1 tag 10
eth1 -- port 2 tag 20

I start a ping to remote IP : 10.10.10.20 .

I add a new physical interface in vlan 20

ovs-vsctl add-port PROD eth1 trunk=20

I don't lost any ping, I don't see anything strange.

Case 2, with bonding :
OVS config :
    Bridge PROD
        Port "bond0"
            trunks: [10]
            Interface "eth1"
            Interface "eth0"
        Port PROD
            Interface PROD
                type: internal
        Port "virt1_eth0"
            tag: 10
            Interface "virt1_eth0"
        Port "prod1"
            tag: 10
            Interface "prod1"
                type: internal
        Port "virt3_eth0"
            tag: 20
            Interface "virt3_eth0"
        Port "prod2"
            tag: 20
            Interface "prod2"
                type: internal
    ovs_version: "1.4.0+build0"
Physical switch config :
eth0/eth1 --port 1 2 : lacp L3-L4  tag 10
eth2 -- port 3 tag 20

same thing : I start a ping to remote IP : 10.10.10.20

I add physical interface in vlan 20

ovs-vsctl add-port PROD eth2 trunk=20

Then, I lost connection for few minutes and I see ARP request on eth0 and eth1 for IP 10.10.10.20.
I have the feeling that the bonding reconfigure itself whenever  a interface is add or remove on the bridge. on the laps time which bonding choose interface for that flow, the connection is lost. When he choose it, all the configuration works fine, i can communicate on vlan10 and vlan20
I just lost connection when I add or remove an interface ..

I don't see any ARP request on my case 1 when i add or remove the new physical interface.

I hope this explain is enough specific to you for help me

thank's for your time,

Aeron