[ovs-discuss] Openvswitch on CentOS 6.3 to work with Quantum

S.A. qmt9z3 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 22:23:10 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am able to build openvswitch (1.7.1) on my system and
"make check" passes all the tests. I have it installed
under /usr/local/ovs. The trouble with this build is
that when I try to configure openvswitch agent I get
the following error:
    $ quantum-server-setup --plugin openvswitch
      Quantum plugin: openvswitch
      Please install openvswitch
I believe that the reason for this is quantum is looking
for openvswitch package via:
    rpm -q openvswitch

I tried to make a rpm build and using instructions at:
https://github.com/homework/openvswitch/blob/master/INSTALL.RHEL

If I use git clone, then I am having following autconf errors:
    configure.ac:15: error: Autoconf version 2.64 or higher is required
    configure.ac:15: the top level
    autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 63
    aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 63
    autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 63

If I download openvswitch-1.7.1.tar.gz and try to do rpm
build then, I am failing on step 5b:
   rpmbuild -bb -D "kversion 2.6.32-279.9.1.el6.x86_64" \
           -D "kflavors default debug kdump" \
           rhel/openvswitch-kmod-rhel6.spec

1. Any suggestions on how I can have a build of openvswitch on
centos 6.3 that will help me move forward with quantum agent
setup?

2. Do I really need step 5b? Can use the rpm package
generated in step 4 and use it with Quantum?

Thanks!