[ovs-discuss] STT port number.

Iben Rodriguez iben.rodriguez at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:18:31 UTC 2012

I think you are confusing TCP/IP and TCP and STT. TCP/IP uses these ports as does TCP/UDP.

STT does yet have an assigned tcp/ip port number. Also - it is NOT the same as TCP/IP so many firewalls will not pass this traffic.

STT emulates an Internet Protocol number 6 (TCP) versus number 4 (UDP). It really should have another Internet Protocol number assigned to it but then we'd have to wait for all the routers and firewalls in the world to be updated for us to use it.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/protocol-numbers/protocol-numbers.xml

I b e n