[ovs-discuss] Error: RTNETLINK answers: File exists. MAC duplicate

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:34:42 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Denis Iskandarov  wrote:

> # sh -vx
> sh-4.1# service network restart

You have to run this way in a unique command, not two:

# sh -xv service network restart

BTW: I'm not a developer, neither junior nor senior ;-)

> LOL. It's becoming sad. I have asked, how to uninstall compatibility
> "module" or what shit it is, from system. Clear?
>
> I think you are very junior dev, or your English is very bad, or you
> are secretary of real developers.
> Coz reading through this mail-list I've never seen you gave ANY useful
> information.

Please don't do that.
Personally I found plenty of messages from Ben being helpful...
Sometimes persons simply don't understand correctly or
misunderstand... or one sometimes doesn't explain correctly his
problem or point of view...

The problem was you asked how to remove a piece of cake and Ben
answered something like don't use that piece of cake...
so I understand you

I have only used ovs in CentOS 6.3 with br-compatd, to keep
compatibility with previous environment that already used standard
bridging...
I'm investigating too about removing br-compatd and in case I will
post on the list if I find anything interesting.

Have a good day you all

Gianluca