[ovs-discuss] [e1000:bugs] #357 Intel 82546GB chip does not work with OpenVSwitch

Timm Essigke Timm.Essigke at uni-bayreuth.de
Tue Sep 11 17:42:13 UTC 2012

Thank you for your reply.

Well, I am not an expert for network cards or the networking stack in
the kernel as both of you are. So I can't (and don't want to) decide if
it is a driver or a kernel module problem. I think I could characterize
the problem relatively precisely and think it should be fixed because it
is a relatively common network card in (older) servers.
Since I know almost nothing about kernel programming, it would be great,
if one of you could provide me with a patch I could test. If further
debug output is needed which I could generate or anything else I can do
(in a limited amount of time) I would like to help you as much as I can.

Thanks,

Timm

--

Dr. Timm Essigke