[ovs-discuss] Set vnet to VM or alias to vnet

r po r2.d2 at live.fr
Wed Sep 19 07:40:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks Ben for you answers on the bonding. It's really helpfull.

I have another question but not on the same part. I'd like to supervise my hypervisor (which hold my VM)
with a cacti-like. It's works fine and i see all vnet, bridge and fake-bridge associate on the hypervisor.

But there's the problems : is it possible to set a vnet number to a VM or associate an alias ?
i explain, when i stop many VM and reboot it but not in the same order, the vnet number will change (for each VM)
so i got to reconfigure correctly my cacti-like for specify which vnet is for which VM and so which graph is for which VM. (or i must connect to hypervisor see which vnet is for which VM, it's not pratical .. )

it's possible to do this ? or implement ?

Thank's

Aeron