[ovs-discuss] Set vnet to VM or alias to vnet

r po r2.d2 at live.fr
Thu Sep 20 06:51:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

I run openvswitch on Ubuntu and KVM. The vnet that i talk is the 'tap' on other distrib. The network interface for the VM.
Each VM has one or more network interface, we see there on hypervisor under the name : vnet (tap). Number for vnet is random (i guess .. ) and when i shutdown my VMs and reboot it, number's vnet (tap) is modified :  first VM start has vnet0, the 2nd vnet1. if i shutdown and restart the 2nd before the first then the 2nd has vnet0 and the first vnet1.
If i look the cacti's graph then i must go on the hypervisor and see which VM attach to which Vnet at precise time

Thanks