[ovs-discuss] OpenVSwitch 1.7.0, hard system crashes

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Thu Sep 20 16:27:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Polehn, MikeX A
<mikex.a.polehn at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi Jesse!
>
> Attached is the older MS word format file should be able to open with open office... It has organized info.
> But also attached is the test log file, which is included in the test report.
> Also attached are the test scripts using netperf 5.0.
>
> These bidirectional test scripts start pushing close to 36 Gbits/sec TCP (close to 40 Gbits Ethernet) through two 10 GbE networks with the open vswitch bridge and it is at this level that the crashes are occurring. However the CPU has about 1/2 the network performance of a full performance sandy bridge server, so would need to use 4 10 GbE networks to achieve the same net performance per MIP.
>
> I'll try the 1.7.1 version, but it will be later today before I can try it.

Please keep all discussions on the mailing list.

The reason why I asked to have plain text files is that most people
aren't willing to open Word, Excel, etc. files from sources on the
Internet.  Also, your mail filter blocked the scripts that you
attached so I can't actually read any of what you sent.