[ovs-discuss] OpenVSwitch 1.7.0, hard system crashes

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Thu Sep 20 20:53:32 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Polehn, MikeX A
<mikex.a.polehn at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi Jesse!
>
> The network crashed with the 1.7.1 openvswitch.
>
> Thought it had completed, but started looking and found 3rd bidirectional test with 4 netperfs per VM with 2 per network of one each direction had crashed.
>
> This time the system under test had rebooted.
>
> Attached is two successful tests ..n1.. ..2e.. with the 3rd showing lost network operation about half through.
>
> I copied the message log to bottom of the test notes doc (OVS_1.7.1_tests.txt), has some logging of openvswitch when it was loaded but there was not much info from the time that the last VM was loaded until the system started to reboot.
>
> Also attached is a tar of the test scripts. Note: netperf 2.5.0 was used.

Again, please do not drop the mailing list.  Your email filtering
software is also still stripping out some of the attachments although
I don't really expect that there are any clues in the scripts.

There's nothing that I see that's unusual in any of your logs.  You're
going to have to try to capture the kernel messages at the time of
failure using something like kdump or netconsole.