[ovs-discuss] Whether Open vSwitch 1.10 supports Multiple flow tables

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Apr 10 07:20:46 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 01:55:11PM +0800, Zhihui.Ding wrote:
>     Whether Open vSwitch 1.10 or up-to-date supports multiple flow tables of OpenFlow Spec1.1 or 1.3

Open vSwitch 1.10 has an experimental implementation of OpenFlow 1.3.
Open vSwitch 1.10 also supports multiple flow tables.  However, the
implementation of multiple flow tables in OVS 1.10 does not conform to
the OpenFlow 1.1+ spec in that, by default, a given flow visits only
table 0; only an explicit "resubmit" action or "goto-table" instruction
causes a flow to visit other tables.  We will certainly introduce some
way to obtain the OF1.1+ behavior later, but it has not yet been
implemented.