[ovs-discuss] Multiple OVSs or multiple datapaths with one OVS

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Apr 12 22:25:04 UTC 2013

I'm not sure it's well documented.

Separate bridges act independently.  That's why they're separate.  If
they were connected there's be no point in supporting more than one
bridge.

As I said before, datapaths are an implementation detail.  You only
need to be concerned with bridges.  "2 bridges with a single vswitchd
daemon" behaves quite differently from "2 separate bridges associated
with separate vswitchd processes" since the former works and the
latter does not.