[ovs-discuss] Fwd: OVS e seu funcionamento

Natalia Queiroz queiroz.nati at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 01:27:18 UTC 2013

Okay.. but it seems that it is lacking something because I can't see the
flow passing through the ovs due to comand *ovs-ofctl dump-flows  ovs
*
I made a ping test between the 2 LXC vms, H1(port 1) to H2(port 2) and port
0 is ovs.

The ping works fine on the containers but on ovs I got this...

root at ubuntu-Vostro-3300:/home/ubuntu/Desktop/openvswitch-1.9.0# ovs-appctl
fdb/show ovs
 port  VLAN  MAC                Age
    2     0  00:16:3e:8f:55:67   34
    1     0  00:16:3e:90:30:4f   34
    0     0  76:fc:14:c5:ad:49   10

root at ubuntu-Vostro-3300:/home/ubuntu/Desktop/openvswitch-1.9.0# ovs-ofctl
dump-flows ovs
NXST_FLOW reply (xid=0x4):
 cookie=0x0, duration=206.795s, table=0, n_packets=433, n_bytes=46864,
idle_age=0, priority=0 actions=NORMAL

See? It doesn't inform from where the flow is passing.. in this example
from port 1 to port 2 of my swicth. I don't get this information with this
command...  That is the reason that I'm supposing that I don't get openflow
traffic on my switch.
The LXC ports where added on switch with these commands:

vs-vsctl add-br ovs
ovs-vsctl add-port ovs H1
ovs-vsctl add-port ovs H2
ifconfig ovs up
ifconfig ovs 10.1.0.4

Should I get information about source and destination on ovs-ofctl
dump-flows ovs command?

--

Natália Queiroz