[ovs-discuss] Bonding issues with ovs

Ryan Young ryanyoung.soloy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 03:14:43 UTC 2013

Hi,
Recently I am trying to using ovs together with bonding ethernet
ports(eth0,eth1) in LACP mode. The ethernet ports were bonded(bond0) before
the ovs was setup with configuring "/net/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-*",
and after I set up the openvswitch I just attached bond0 to the ovs bridge.
This works normally in active-backup mode. But when I changed the bonding
mode to lacp, the network looks instable as every 30s my ssh console lost
control. Any issues regarding to this problem? Is it incompatible between
ovs and the legacy bonding method?

BR,
Ryan