[ovs-discuss] Simple IP load Balancing

Ritesh Rekhi rrekhi at paloaltonetworks.com
Sun Aug 4 01:32:18 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I want to make a simple Load balancer where I want to change the destination IP for the request and for response change the source-ip.

I can do that easily if I know the source-ip's but I want to do it by hasing source-ip to a bucket and then based on bucket change dest-ip for the request .That way all packets with same source-ip can go to 1 given dest-ip.

Do we have any function where we can hash a field and assign it to a bucket?

Are there any plans to implement any hash to bucket algo?

Thx in advance
Ritesh