[ovs-discuss] Resubmit vs Recirculate

K.R Kishore krkishore at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 17:48:25 UTC 2013

Hi
I wanted to understand the difference between the Resubmit and Recirculate features in OVS. From what I can gather resubmit exists in an extension module and supports use of multiple OpenFlow tables while Recirculate is part of the standard OVS to support MPLS like operations, correct?

1. Are both of these features available only in the user space tables? Is there any multi-table support in the kernel?
2. If kernel flow table is looked up first, does it identify flows that require multiple passes (resubmit or recirculate) and treat it as a miss?

thx,
Kishore