[ovs-discuss] Simple IP load Balancing

Ritesh Rekhi rrekhi at paloaltonetworks.com
Mon Aug 5 19:03:26 UTC 2013

Hi Diego,

Thanks for the reply once again.

You are right 8 entries are not enough. My explaination was just to explain you my design.I can have 255 buckets also which will be more better.

I have a follow up on the way you told me to implement .Is it possible to match last 8 bits on source-ip  by giving mask like 0.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.2 or 0.0.0.3.

In all the OVS manuals you can only do a match to ignore last bits i.e 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

Sorry I am new to OVS .That's why these questions.

My idea is that if webserver gets overwhelmed it can send an event to controller to take it out and when load is less it can add itself.

Ritesh