[ovs-discuss] Resubmit vs Recirculate

K.R Kishore krkishore at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 00:36:32 UTC 2013

Thanks.
In addition to the ovs-ofctl manpage, here is a link to a good tutorial that explains this (for others who may be interested in
learning about how this works)
http://git.openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=tutorial/Tutorial;hb=HEAD

I have also gathered that there is a single backing kernel table and it will only contain exact match flows but user space table will
contain OpenFlow flows. What is the criteria to move a flow entry from user table to kernel table? Is every entry advanced and
the less active entries simply get aged out?

I have not seen explicit information of how Recirculation support will be added to the kernel table, if at all. Any info
on this is much appreciated.

thx,
Kishore