[ovs-discuss] OVS Support for RT Kernel

Viresh Kumar viresh.kumar at linaro.org
Wed Aug 7 06:25:58 UTC 2013

On 7 August 2013 02:55, Jesse Gross <jesse at nicira.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar at linaro.org> wrote:
>> Hi Again,
>>
>> After getting support for 3.10 kernel we are looking for support on
>> RT (Real Time) Kernel..
>>
>> Has any work been done on this in the past? If yes, can somebody
>> point me to patches?
>
> There were some patches in the past to get OVS to compile on RT
> kernels but it wasn't real support. They were removed because they
> were pretty hacky.

Okay... I got to those patches now and see you created them:
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2010-October/004130.html
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2010-October/004142.html
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2010-May/002149.html

And Pravin removed them:
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2011-October/011947.html

But I couldn't make out the exact reason why you got this removed..
As said by your last mail, it was a HACK.. But did that worked well??

At this point of time we need something working, don't mind if its
a hack though for the time being. Can get it fixed later on..

Or if you are aware of any further attempts in the last two years to
get it back?

Thanks for your help :)

--
Viresh