[ovs-discuss] OVS 1.10 in Repositories

Gurucharan Shetty shettyg at nicira.com
Wed Aug 7 17:59:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Dmita Levy <dlevy022 at fiu.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Forgive me as I am a student and not a Linux guru.... At present,
> installing OVS from apt-get will yield version 1.04. Is there anyway to get
> 1.10?

* Download the OVS repo on a ubuntu machine.
* git checkout -b 1.10_local origin/branch-1.10
*  DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck dpkg-buildpackage -b (If you get a complaint
that some dpkg utilities are missing, install them using the regular
apt-get install)
* cd ../
* ls
* dpkg -i openvswitch-switch_1.10*.deb
openvswitch-common_1.10*.deb openvswitch-datapath-dkms*.deb

For dkms and ssl, you may beed some packages:
ex: (for me):
sudo apt-get build-dep dkms
sudo apt-get install dkms libssl0.9.8

You may also need the linux headers package if not already installed.