[ovs-discuss] At specifying slowpath when using Open vSwitch, cannot start virtual machine.

ashish yadav ashishyadav78 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 05:34:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

At specifying slowpath when using Open vSwitch,
the following meessage is displayed at virsh start and cannot start
virtual machine.

"Unable to add bridge ovsbr0 port vnet0: Operation not supported"

[Steps to reproduce]
At specifying slowpath(datapath_type=netdev) with following steps, I can
reproduce.
At specifying fastpath(datapath_type=system) issue doesn't occur.

  # ovs-vsctl add-br ovsbr0
  # ovs-vsctl add-port ovsbr0 eth0
  # ifconfig ovsbr0 192.168.103.194 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
  # ovs-vsctl set Bridge ovsbr0 datapath_type=netdev
  # ifconfig ovsbr0 [IP address]netmask 255.255.255.0 up
  # virsh start TT_VM

Error: Fail to start Domain TT_VM ★ Fail to start Virtual Machine
Error: Unable to add bridge ovsbr0 port vnet0: Operation not supported

Could you please let me know if I miss something above ?

Thanks & Regards
   Ashish