[ovs-discuss] DHCP not working on bridge

Andrei Andone andrei.andone at softvision.ro
Wed Aug 14 08:11:41 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong and I'm running out of ideas
(patience too).

I wanted to bridge my eth0 with ovs (yes, I read the F.A.Q. and did all
that and it didn't work).
I also tried the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0 version (I am
running CentOS 6.3) and still doesn't work. When I restart the network
service it fails to determine IP information for the bridge.

I've also tried (after dhcp failed from the /etc/init.d/network restart)
to run it manually:
`dhclient -v br0` and the output shows that I have only DHCPDISCOVERY
packs sent out and no DHCPOFFER coming in. Wireshark shows me that there
are DHCPOFFER packets incoming with my MAC as destination.
So I also ran `dhclient -v eth0` right after and it works fine (can't
reach my network since eth0 is still configured as port to br0, but it
has a valid IP assigned).

So does anyone know how I can fix this?

I'm running openvswitch 1.12.90 (built from sources with kernel modules).

Note:
- I've tried with both NetworkManager active, inactive and completely
removed - no difference
- At some point it worked with openvswitch 1.10 but I need the VxLAN
support that has been added in 1.12.90 (options:remote_ip=flow)

Thanks,
--
Andrei Andone

SOFTVISION | 57 Republicii Street, 400489 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Email: andrei.andone at softvision.ro <mailto:andrei.andone at softvision.ro>
| Web: www.softvision.ro <http://www.softvision.ro>

The content of this communication is classified as SOFTVISION
Confidential and Proprietary Information.