[ovs-discuss] How many GRE Ports can an OVS bridge have?

Dmita Levy dlevy022 at fiu.edu
Thu Aug 15 03:28:05 UTC 2013

Hello,

Our research meeting today ended on the question of whether or not it would
be possible or system breaking to tunnel to a large number of hosts using
OVS. So I threw my JSON RPC tunnel creator into a loop and around 234 on
bridge0 decided to stop. That being said I noticed with the ovs-vsctl show
command I did not see 234 gre ports (at a glance). My question is, how many
GRE ports can an OVS bridge have and what kind of system resources does a
GRE tunnel port use?

Thanks!
DMita