[ovs-discuss] NFS mount through OVS-1.4 fails after server reboot

kiran Chunduri cnvkiran at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 16:12:34 UTC 2013

Hi,
On my server, i setup NFS mount of remote storage through OVS by creating
an Internal Port on OVS bridge. The mount command works fine.

I also setup '/etc/fstab' for auto mount post reboot. The issue is that
'post' reboot, the NFS mount fails to happen. I have to issue mount command
manually to set it up again.

To narrow down further, if I setup NFS directly on the physical nic itself,
it does work fine post-reboot. So I believe there is no issue in the syntax
of /etc/fstab.

/****This is how stab entry looks***/
10.0.0.110:/home/kiran /perf2/kiran nfs
auto,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,intr,timeo=1800
/****/
Bridge br-nfs
        Port "eth10"
            Interface "eth10"
        Port vmknic-nfs
            Interface vmknic-nfs
                type: internal
        Port br-nfs
            Interface br-nfs
                type: internal

I think this has to do with the timing of startup of 'NFS mount' and
OpenVswitch services. In 'openswitch-switch' init script it is specified to
start after network service.

# Required-Start:    $network $named $remote_fs $syslog

Shouldn't this be started before network service? BTW, I tweaked few of the
options here like specifying (# Required-Start:    mountkernfs $local_fs
urandom), but that did not help.

Whats the right approach to setup for 'auto' nfs mount to work post reboot
on OVS?

regards,
Kiran