[ovs-discuss] DHCP not working on bridge

Andrei Andone andrei.andone at softvision.ro
Fri Aug 16 15:35:16 UTC 2013

On 08/16/2013 06:32 PM, Chris Wright wrote:
> * Andrei Andone (andrei.andone at softvision.ro) wrote:
>> On 08/16/2013 01:13 AM, Chris Wright wrote:
>>> With the master branch and this commit:
>>>
>>> 0d1d26d datapath: Fix RHEL compat for netdev_rx_handler_register
>>>
>>> I am able to manually obtain DHCP address on an ovs instance with a
>>> single device (eth1 in my case) connected to it.
>>>
>>> The steps I did were simply:
>>>
>>> # ifdown eth1
>>> # ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0 up
>>> # ovs-vsctl add-br ovs0
>>> # ovs-vsctl add-port ovs0 eth1
>>> # dhclient ovs0
>> I will try this fix. Hopefully I this fix also bypasses the kernel
>> panic that I was talking about in another thread.
> Right, that's what the 0d1d26d commit is fixing.
>
>> One question though, were you able to reproduce the dhcp issue
>> without the commit that you mentioned?
> Without the fix the kernel panics, so I was not able to reproduce
> what you were seeing.
>
> thanks,
> -chris

Hi Chris,

I only managed to reproduce the DHCP problem once (not sure how it
didn't go into kernel panic, but I think it was a different kernel
version) but I tested the fix you provided and everything works (both
the kernel panic has been fixed as well as the dhcp problem I had).

Thank you,
--
Andrei Andone

SOFTVISION | 57 Republicii Street, 400489 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Email: andrei.andone at softvision.ro <mailto:andrei.andone at softvision.ro>
| Web: www.softvision.ro <http://www.softvision.ro>

The content of this communication is classified as SOFTVISION
Confidential and Proprietary Information.