[ovs-discuss] Inter-bridge communication

Andrei Andone andrei.andone at softvision.ro
Mon Aug 19 16:12:43 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I have a question.

Right now I have a host with one interface, eth0.
eth0 gets it's IP through DHCP from, a central DHCP server

I managed to bridge eth0 for both machines an everything works fine so far:
`eth0` is a port for bridge `br-eth` and `br-eth` is configured to get
IP through DHCP

I also created another bridge `br-vnet` that I assigned a static IP and
I also start la local dhcp server (on the same machine) to assign IP's
to the virtual machines that are connected to this bridge.

Everything is again fine, the VM get IP's from the local dhcp and I can
ping the other virtual machines.
But I can't ping the Internet (which is normal, since I don't have a
physical link to the Internet from this bridge - `br-vnet`).

I created patch ports on both bridges but that messes up the local dhcp
and gives the VM's IPs from the network not the subnetwork.

My question is: How can I get the two bridges (`br-eth` and `br-vnet`)
to communicate with eachother? I figure it should be through datapaths?
Or is there another way?

Thanks,
--
Andrei Andone

SOFTVISION | 57 Republicii Street, 400489 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Email: andrei.andone at softvision.ro <mailto:andrei.andone at softvision.ro>
| Web: www.softvision.ro <http://www.softvision.ro>

The content of this communication is classified as SOFTVISION
Confidential and Proprietary Information.