[ovs-discuss] how to make the openvswitch coexist with linux bridge in a host computer?

ouyangtao1988 ouyangtao1988 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 02:19:01 UTC 2013

Hi,
Now, I want to use iptable to filter packets of virtual machine on xen.
but i have installed openvswitch on the xen-host and found that the openvswitch can be not compatible with iptables rules that are applied directly on TAP devices of the virtual machine.

Openstack give one Solution that it uses Linux bridge as a hub and use iptable to filter packet over there as followed chat:
but when  i installed the Linux bridge module (modporbe bridge) after i had installed openvswitch,I got one error:
FATAL:Error inserting bridge(..../birdge.ko):Invalid module format.

Can someone tell me how to make the openvswitch coexist with linux bridge in a host computer?
Thanks.

Tom Ou
Email:ouyangtao1988 at gmail.com