[ovs-discuss] entering point to openvswitch

Andrei Andone andrei.andone at softvision.ro
Wed Aug 28 12:59:38 UTC 2013

Hi Gal,

I'm not sure I understand what your application would do.
Is your application supposed to capture all packets on an ethernet
device and then feed them to openvswitch?

As for the link for developers that you were asking about, here's what
I've found myself:
http://wangcong.org/blog/archives/2131

Hope it helps,
Andrei

On 08/28/2013 03:54 PM, Gal Sagie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know where is the insert point of a packet from the
> hardware/driver into openvswitch.
> like if i want to build an application which polls packets and send
> them to openvswitch how do i do it?
>
> From looking at the code i got to "netdev_frame_hook" but its assigned
> to "br_handle_frame_hook"
> and i cant find that in the code.
>
> Please help me understand that and if anyone could link me to some
> writing for developers (if such exists) that would also be use full.
>

> Thanks!
> Gal.

Andrei Andone

SOFTVISION | 57 Republicii Street, 400489 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Email: andrei.andone at softvision.ro <mailto:andrei.andone at softvision.ro>
| Web: www.softvision.ro <http://www.softvision.ro>

The content of this communication is classified as SOFTVISION
Confidential and Proprietary Information.