[ovs-discuss] Sending OF Packet Out

Anu Mercian anumercian at live.com
Thu Dec 5 21:53:20 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
I am trying to send a OF Packet-out message from the controller with data, different from the packet Data of the OF Packet In message, assuming that my buffer-id is not set, so the entire packet data is sent to the controller. i.e, create a string, convert it into byte format and set it as the packetData of the OFPacket Out message?
If the above is not possible, Is it possible to create a new packet-in message with a some data value and based on this packet-in message, send a packet-out message?
Can anyone suggest me a way of doing this?
Thank you,Anu