[ovs-discuss] Unable to install OVS on XenVM

Nicholas Bastin nick.bastin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 02:32:16 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM, navaz <navaz.enc at gmail.com> wrote:

> why I am getting the above error message?

I built one of these to test, and indeed you get this message.  The problem
is due to an oddity that we experienced while building the debian packages
for OVS 1.9.3 (the CLI tools expect the sockets to be in
/var/run/openvswitch, but the daemons write them in
/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch).  I will try to spin a new image which
fixes the problem, but in the meantime you can do:

sudo rm -rf /usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/
sudo ln -s /var/run/openvswitch /usr/local/var/run/

Which will fix your VM.

--
Nick