[ovs-discuss] OVS and KVM second guest not accessible

Phil Daws uxbod at splatnix.net
Wed Dec 4 11:17:26 UTC 2013

Hello again,

after my bonding experience failure I switched to a standard bridge while I see what the experts can come up with. Now have hit another issue :( When I start up two guests the first one is able to reach the outside world, and is pingable, but the second guest is not.  On checking OVS I see:

b8338a47-9e96-44a3-b75b-bfaf45ffd8aa
    Bridge "ovsbr0"
        Port "ovsbr0"
            Interface "ovsbr0"
                type: internal
        Port "vnet0"
            Interface "vnet0"
        Port "vnet1"
            Interface "vnet1"
        Port "eth0"
            Interface "eth0"
    ovs_version: "1.11.0"

if I check the virtual interfaces they look okay:

[root at kvm01 qemu]# ovs-vsctl list interface vnet0 | grep link
link_resets         : 1
link_speed          : 10000000
link_state          : up
[root at kvm01 qemu]# ovs-vsctl list interface vnet1 | grep link
link_resets         : 1
link_speed          : 10000000
link_state          : up

Both guests are on the same network as the host and the only difference is the final octet in the IP address.

Any thoughts why the second is not reachable ?

Thanks.