[ovs-discuss] Modify the packets in OVS

Jayanth Silesh jayanthsileshs.forums at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 01:02:58 UTC 2013

Hey All,

I trying to spot that one module where the packet is being received.
What I want to do is, I want to change the metadata(REG5) in the OVS once the packet is being received.

Example.:
The packets received are pipelined to table2.
In the table2, I want to insert a Hard-coded value (say 8) to the REG5 before it continues to match its flow entries in table2.
Since there is a flow in table2 which tries to match the REG5 with value 8.

I know that I can insert value in REG5 in the table1 and pipeline it to table2 but I do not want to do that.
I want to modify it in the OVS code.

Thanks,
Jayanth