[ovs-discuss] Flows based on IP address and port numbers in mininet topology using floodlight controller.

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Wed Dec 11 16:33:30 UTC 2013

On Dec 11, 2013, at 7:11 AM, Suresh <skjaiswal79 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have added
> {"switch":"00:00:00:00:00:00:00:01", "name":"ICMP", "active":"true", "actions":"output=FLOOD","ether-type":"0x800"}

It looks like you're just flooding all IP traffic, since you didn't limit it to ICMP--you need to set the "protocol" properly.  Also, if you really want to just block ping, you can do that by matching on the ICMP type and code.

> I what to block ping but if I not added ICMP flow then my server client traffic also got blocked ..
> can u help out about this
>  how I can block ICMP traffic
> but my client server(8888)  traffic  work bet h1 to h2.

I don't understand what you're trying to do, since it seems at odds with the flow that you appeared to be trying to push.

--Justin