[ovs-discuss] "ovs-dpctl dump-flows" only shows 1250 entries at max within 5 seconds

Asadullah Hussain asadxflow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 06:52:21 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am generating around 2000 unique flows per second between two VMs
connected through OVS bridge and observing each flow's stats (no of
packets, used etc) through "ovs-dpctl dump-flows" command:

VM1<---->br0<---->VM2

but the command's output always shows 1250 entires (flows) within a 5 sec
(timeout) period.

For example when 500 unique flows are generated the output displays 500
entries and when 1000 unique flows are generated, 1000 entries are
displayed BUT

when 1300 or more unique flows are generated the dpctl command always
returns 1250 entries (which remain the same for 5 seconds and are then
flushed out).

I wanted to ask if there is a solution to this (I can modify the OVS code)
OR this is an implementation choice and is not fixable.

PS: ALL the traffic is arriving at the receiver, so I know for sure that
all flows are being processed by OVS (there is no flow loss).

--
Asadullah Hussain