[ovs-discuss] Compiling datapath.c

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri Dec 13 22:28:00 UTC 2013

OVS is designed to be very fault tolerant so that it works reliably
even in extreme conditions (at least 99.999% uptime).

At all times the code is stored in 5 separate, undisclosed locations
(3 active, 1 hot standby, and 1 cold spare). Whenever it is compiled,
each version is processed separately and the results are compared to
ensure integrity. If any one exhibits an error or does not match the
others, that copy of the code is immediately removed from circulation
and deleted. This is most likely what is happening to you since you're
deliberating introducing an error.

Hope that helps.