[ovs-discuss] About VXLAN VNI

ㄜˊ ㄋㄣˋ ㄜˊ ㄋㄣˋ rabbid15 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 16 04:43:37 UTC 2013

Hello, I have a request is that how could I set VNI for my virtual machine?
In my topology , I have two virtual machine with each pythical machine
(Public IP) Host1<------VXLAN Tunnel---------->Host2 (Public IP)              [bridge 10]                                         [bridge 11]                    |                                                           |                    |                                                           |                    |                                                           |                    |                                                           |                 |     |                                                    |     |                 |     |                                                    |     |            [tap1] [tap2]                                        [tap3] [tap4]             VM1    VM2(Private IP)                        VM3   VM4(Private IP)            [VNI1]  [VNI2]                                      [VNI1]  [VNI2]
I used below command to create Host1 and Host2 VXLAN Tunnel
$ sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br10 vx1 -- set interface vx1 type=vxlan options:remote_ip= Host2_IP $ sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br11 vx1 -- set interface vx1 type=vxlan options:remote_ip= Host1_IP
Use above command that VM could ping each other in the same subnet
Now,I have the Problem about :
 how should I to identify Virtual Machine VNI ?
I can use options:key = [number] to identify VNI , but how should I use openvswitch to distribute VNI for VM?

I have already confuse a few day , I will appreciate  your reply .
Very Thanks your help : )