[ovs-discuss] 答复: About VXLAN VNI

yinpeijun yinpeijun-joy at 163.com
Tue Dec 17 14:47:49 UTC 2013

Hi£¬

As I know,if you want to set  distribute VNI for vm ,you should set flow for
vm use ovs-ofctl¡£

For example:

ovs-ofctl add-flow in_port=1(vm port id)
,actions=set_tunnel:5001,output:2(vxlan port id)

ps:you can read the new openvswitch.conf.db .

Hope this helpful

[mailto:discuss-bounces at openvswitch.org] ´ú±í Deepika

4

>where key is the VNI ID.

>Hope this helps.

>Thanks,
>Deepika

>On 12/16/2013 10:13 AM, ¨Ü¨@ ¨Ë¨ã¨A ¨Ü¨@ ¨Ë¨ã¨A wrote:

>Hello, I have a request is that how could I set VNI for my virtual machine?

>In my topology , I have two virtual machine with each pythical machine

> (Public IP) Host1<------VXLAN Tunnel---------->Host2 (Public IP)

 >            [bridge 10]                                         [bridge
11]

 >                |     |
|     |

 >                |     |
|     |

 >           [tap1] [tap2]                                        [tap3]
[tap4]

 >            VM1    VM2(Private IP)                        VM3
VM4(Private IP)

 >          [VNI1]  [VNI2]                                      [VNI1]
[VNI2]

>I used below command to create Host1 and Host2 VXLAN Tunnel

>$ sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br10 vx1 -- set interface vx1 type=vxlan

>$ sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br11 vx1 -- set interface vx1 type=vxlan

>Use above command that VM could ping each other in the same subnet

>Now,I have the Problem about :

 >how should I to identify Virtual Machine VNI ?

>I can use options:key = [number] to identify VNI , but how should I use
openvswitch to distribute VNI for VM?