[ovs-discuss] (no subject)

Echedey Lorenzo echedey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 14:43:09 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've been working with Openvswitch for a while now. I hope this is the
right place to show the problem I'm having after a reboot. I'm using
Openvswitch 1.9.3 on SLES 11 SP3 and sometimes it does not work while
apparently it is up&running properly.

I see in /var/log/messages that there was a problema creating the vnet*
interfaces:

ovs-vswitchd: 00014|netdev_linux|WARN|ethtool command ETHTOOL_GFLAGS on
network device vnet0 failed: No such device
ovs-vswitchd: 00015|dpif|WARN|system at virbr0: failed to add vnet0 as port:
No such device
ovs-vswitchd: 00016|netdev_linux|WARN|ethtool command ETHTOOL_GFLAGS on
network device vnet2 failed: No such device
ovs-vswitchd: 00017|dpif|WARN|system at virbr0: failed to add vnet2 as port:
No such device

I am not able to see the reason why this happens sometimes. How could I
debug the origin of this problem? The ovs-vswitchd logs the same
information.

Thanks,
Eche