[ovs-discuss] How to dump the flow from ovs and restore the flow to ovs?

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Feb 1 08:22:27 UTC 2013

The "ovs-ofctl dump-flows" command is going to dump out more data than "ovs-ofctl add-flows" needs. The error you're seeing is complaining about the first line of dump-flows output, which is "NXST_FLOW reply".  Try removing that.

I just noticed that 1.6 and later releases don't properly read in regular flows either, since "ovs-ofctl add-flows" doesn't know to ignore the "idle_age" field.  I just sent out a fix for review:

	http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2013-February/025036.html

If you're using an affected release, until that gets checked in and a new release is out, you'll need to do some additional preprocessing on your flows.

--Justin