[ovs-discuss] Connection ppp0 and eth1

Waqar Ahmed waqar.ahmed at sysnet.org.pk
Sat Feb 2 13:59:33 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I have few problems in configuring OpenVSwitch on a Gateway
Server(Scientific Linux) having two physical LAN Interfaces. I have ppp0
connected at interface eth1 and a LAN connection with interface "eth0".
"eth0" is use to share the internet provided by the ppp0 interface using
Network-Manager.
"ppp0" works fine when it is being used with NetworkManager.

__________                  ______              _________
______
|    Internet  |________\  | eth1/  | ______ |OpenFlow/|  _______| eth0  |
_________\   LAN NETWORK
|__________|             /  |_*ppp0*_|             |_*br0*_____|

This shows my intended network settings.
I can not use ppp0 interface as a port on the bridge.
I can not connect eth1 on bridge as a port because ppp0 is using it. When I
try to connect eth1 to the bridge, the ppp0 link drops.
Can any one suggest how can I provide the Internet connection of ppp0 to
the LAN network (on eth0) using OVS(OpenFlow enabled).

--
SysNet Lab,
FAST-National University, H-11/4