[ovs-discuss] TTL of ipv4 packet

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Mon Feb 4 09:10:50 UTC 2013

Yes.  Your question was about ovs-ofctl.

OVS 1.7.1 only supports OpenFlow 1.0 plus Nicira extensions.  OpenFlow 1.0 isn't aware of TTL, so you need to use an extension.  The forthcoming 1.10.0 release of OVS will have support for later versions of OpenFlow, which do support TTL, and they'll use the same ovs-ofctl action.

--Justin