[ovs-discuss] how do you make ovsdb-server persistent?

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Feb 8 07:54:49 UTC 2013

On Feb 7, 2013, at 11:49 PM, Umair Hoodbhoy <umairhoodbhoy at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I know whether these init scripts are actually being called? I'm guessing that since they refer to /usr/sbin/ovsdb-server instead of /usr/local/sbin/ovsdb-server, that they are not currently being called (otherwise ovsdb-server would be running upon reboot).

You can tell if it worked by whether the daemons are running after the reboot.

A lot of the scripts are modified at build-time to adjust to the path you set when running "configure".  It should just work.

> My understanding is that the prebuilt packages only have OVS 1.4.0. Even if I wanted 1.4.5 (latest LTS), I couldn't. I could be wrong though.

I don't remember what Ubuntu is currently using, but that's certainly reasonable.  You could try building your own ".deb" files as described in INSTALL.Linux.

--Justin