[ovs-discuss] OVS vlan tag and dl_vlan in the flow entry

Hong Wayne wayne21205 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 16:59:23 UTC 2013

Hi Ben:

Thanks for your replying.

After my test, when I set two Open vSwitch with VLAN using ovs-vsctl
command like below:

OVS1:
#sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br-int eth1 trunks=15
#sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br-int vnet0_1 tag=15 (VM1)

OVS2:
#sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br-int eth1 trunks=15
#sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br-int vnet0_2 tag=15 (VM2)

And I connect two of trunk ports(eth1) using physical wire. Two of OVS all
connect to POX Controller.

In my case when VM1 ping VM2, Do I need to add the VLAN tag through the
Controller with mod_vlan_vid and strip the VLAN tag with strip_vlan when
packet come back?

Sorry, I got some confused about the VLAN setting.