[ovs-discuss] Can Openvswitch support QoS for linux Containers

Ryan Young ryanyoung.soloy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 08:18:23 UTC 2013

hi all,
I setup a topology with two lxc containers on a host and apply OVS as the
network module. In my test I cannot apply QoS policies to the two
containers( for example,  ovs-vsctl set Interface pbond0
ingress_policing_rate=100000). It is said that OVS use linux TC for the
ratelimit function ( the module is compiled in the kernel), and LXC
containers does not have its own network stack, is that the reason the QoS
did not take affect?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Best reagrds,
Ryan