[ovs-discuss] How to smoothly add eth0 to the OVS bridge?

Reid Price rprice at nicira.com
Tue Feb 19 22:57:43 UTC 2013

Is the script local or remote?  You need to run the command atomically from the
remote perspective.  This means you need the ssh command to be a single one,
likely along the lines of:

  ssh user at remote remote_script

or

  ssh user at remote "command && command ; command"

.  A local script would not work unless it invoked all the commands on a single
command line.  Hope this helps.

  -Reid

PS here's the FAQ note you're referencing:
(If your only connection to the machine running OVS is through the
IP address in question, then you would want to run all of these
commands on a single command line, or put them into a script.)