[ovs-discuss] How to smoothly add eth0 to the OVS bridge?

Reid Price rprice at nicira.com
Wed Feb 20 01:14:31 UTC 2013

Moved conversation to discuss@ instead of bugs@ - haven't seen anything to
indicate a bug so far.

Just to check, you aren't actually leaving "<eth0's ip address>" as a literal
string, correct?  It should be 10.20.30.40 or some real IP.  I also notice that
you are missing the create bridge command, I assume that was done elsewhere.

If you have any other way to access the machine, I would use that to try and
see what you have to do to regain connectivity.  You should have a bridge with
ports (eth0 and br0), an ip on br0, and a single flow (with the NORMAL action).

  -Reid