[ovs-discuss] Stochastic routing via OVS

Komail komail.shahmir at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 18:40:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am working on stochastic routing via OVS. I will appreciate it if I
could get your opinions.

some developers were discussing about having multiple actions for a flow
entry in Floodlight developers mailing list. apparently it is viable in
some OVS implementations. The question is, is it possible to have
selective egress port among ports that we have in our action list based
on some predefined probability?

For ex. if we have three egress port for a flow entry, each with a
predefined probability and each time based on some calculation, one port
would be selected as an egress port for a packet. If so, is it possible
to manipulate existing forwarding behavior or we need to add another
application for that purpose?

I hope I could convey my question.

Thanks for your time.
Komail