[ovs-discuss] Bonding configuration with arp target monitoring

John Collaros john.collaros at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 00:51:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have noticed that there are no configuration options for arp target
monitoring on Openvswitch.

I need this capability, so have had to resort to letting Linux networking
set up the bond interface and add this to my vswitch.

Has anyone got any experience with such a configuration? I am having issues
with the link staying stable with arp target monitoring enabled.

.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, kernel 3.2.0-35 smp x86_64,

open vswitch 1.4.0

Ifenslave-2.6 1.1.0-19

I have tried with a few kernels as well.

The target I've chosen is the default gateway, and it's definitely
reachable. Works fine with mii monitoring or as open vswitch bond, but
there failure modes that require arp monitoring so traffic isn't
black-holed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John